Do you any of these situations ring a bell with you?
- You’ve got your baby business up and running, and things are really starting to flow for you. You’ve got a handful of clients and have the distinct feeling you could really start enrolling way more, but you don’t have a website to speak of. You’re basically limping along with just some business cards and a Gmail address hoping no one goes looking for you online.
- You’re a serious do-it-yourselfer, and building a website shouldn’t be much different than building an end table, right? And there’s a ton of information out there (maybe too much information) about how fast and easy it is get your site up and running and bringing in the bucks. But after weeks and weeks (or months and months), you just don’t feel like you’ve got something that you can show to the rest of the world. It doesn’t look like you and it doesn’t really do what you want it to do.
- During your weekly mastermind group meeting you come up with this fantastic idea for a new package or product you’d like to sell. You’re fleshing out how it will work and what’s included and how much it costs, and you want to get this baby out the door next week. The first thing you need to do is get it up on your website, but (urgh!) you don’t have the tools to make that happen quickly.
- You put up a website years ago and have hardly glanced at it since. Then the other day, you pulled it up on your iPad and were shocked at what a mess it was.
- You’ve been in business for a few years now and as you and your business have grown, you’ve refined what you’re doing, and your original website just flat out doesn’t fit you any longer. You’re ready for a new look that speaks more clearly to who you are, what you’re doing, and the clients you’re working with today.
My approach works well for folks who …
- Are solopreneurs or micro-business owners
- Had (or maybe still have) a corporate job and are now setting off on your own
- Have clients (even if it’s just a few)
- Sell primarily services such as coaching, training, speaking, consulting, private practice, etc. and are possibly branching into products (books, webinars, e-books, group coaching)
- Live in the US & Canada (and are easily able to work via phone and email)
We’ll likely click if …
You have an entrepreneurial spirit
You are clear in your own business about what you offer and who you serve
You are conscientious of deadlines
You have high standards for quality work and appreciate detail
You are willing to learn
You are creative – not necessarily in the traditional, artistic sense but in the sense that you LOVE putting something new out in the world
You are open to connection and potentially an ongoing relationship
If you’re still with me, be sure to download my checklist and resource guide on How to Jump Start Your Web Project.
Wondering what all is involved in creating a new website? Click here to find out.